This post is also available in: العربية (Arabic)
“Medicine comes with hope: the hope of having a healthy child, the hope of being able to raise your family.”
— Annie Lennox
A Pediatrician is a specialist doctor who treats diseases that affect the health and development of babies, children, and teenagers. It is necessary for your child to see a pediatrician in Dubai so that he can assess the health and well-being of the toddler. The need to find a good pediatrician at the early age of your child is of paramount importance. These doctors will be spending a lot of time with your children so make sure you have access to the best pediatric hospital in the city. At Dubai London Clinic, we have specialist pediatricians who are highly qualified and skilled in their profession.
General Pediatrics involves the treatment of babies, children and adolescents. These doctors must have a general medical knowledge and an understanding of how treatments affect different developmental growth stages.
Growth and Development Monitoring
It is important for the healthcare provider to monitor the growth and development of your child on a regular basis.
Behavior Assessment and Management
Behavioral observations, screening checklists, interviewing the child are all important aspects of the behavioral assessment and management of children performed by pediatricians.
For children experiencing social, emotional and mental health needs, it is necessary to find the right pediatrician who can support them.
Learning Difficulty Assessment
The common signs that a child is suffering from learning difficulty include problems with reading or writing. Poor memory and difficulty with math are also other identifiers.
Newborn Screening Tests
Newborn screening tests can detect rare but serious genetic or metabolic disorders in newborn babies.
Neonatal care is provided for babies who have serious problems or are very premature with an extremely low birth weight.
Vaccinations and Immunizations
Vaccines and immunizations are regarded to be very safe and highly important to the health of your child.
We provide diagnosis and treatment for acquired heart problems and congenital heart disease or malfunction in children.
If your child has a problem with growth, early or delayed puberty, and weight concerns, then our endocrinologists can diagnose, treat and manage the conditions.
The Dubai London Clinic has the pleasure to offer a unique service to women during pregnancy and following childbirth.
The service includes:
- Initial consultation
- Booking history
- Booking blood tests
- Referral for ultrasound scans to date pregnancy, screening for abnormalities, anatomy/gender scan
- Nutrition and health promotion in pregnancy
Parents are welcome to attend the Well Baby Clinic at the Dubai London Clinic & Specialty Hospital in Jumeirah with their infants to discuss all aspects of baby care and support for you and your family including:
- Help with day to day concerns
- Weight and measurement assessments
- Feeding advice
- Immunizations according to local government regulations and country of origin requirements
- Feeding and sleeping issues
- Referral to the Paediatrician if necessary
The well baby clinic operates every Sunday and Tuesday from 8am – 1pm.
For Your Information
- Our pediatric services are available at our Jumeirah branch.
- The Baby Clinic is overseen by our experienced senior nurses and midwife, sharing the knowledge about the do’s and don’ts in child care. Mothers are welcome to discuss day to day problems as well as have their infants weighed and, if necessary, referred to the Pediatrician. We encourage mothers to ask questions and share their concerns.
- Immunizations are carried out according to local government regulations and country of origin requirements.
- Our Pediatricians will carry out child development examinations at recommended ages.