Dr. Devanapally Narayana is a Specialist Anaesthetist with over 30 years of experience as an anaesthetist. He began his anaesthetic post-graduate training in 1988, where he gained experience in administering general & regional anaesthesia for general surgery, orthopaedics, trauma surgery, urology, ENT, obstetrics & gynaecology, paediatrics, ophthalmology, plastic & reconstructive surgery, neurosurgery, cardiovascular surgery and ECT.
Dr. Narayana’s training in regional anaesthesia includes: epidural and spinal anaesthesia & combined spinal epidural anaesthesia, brachial plexus blocks (supra–clavicular & axillary blocks), cervical plexus blocks (superficial & deep), ankle block, femoral block, popliteal block, wrist block, field blocks for inguinal hernia, recuts sheath blocks, caudal blocks, saddle block analgesia, IVRA (Intravenous Regional Analgesia). By virtue of having worked in cardio-thoracic & neurosurgery, he is also skilled in managing IABP, mechanical ventilation and insertion of central lines (both arterial and venous).
- General & regional anaesthetic techniques
- Epidural & spinal anaesthesia
- Combined spinal epidural anaesthesia
- Brachial Plexus Blocks (supra–clavicular & axillary blocks)
- Cervical Plexus Blocks (superficial & deep)
- Ankle blocks
- Femoral block popliteal block
- Wrist block
- Field blocks for inguinal hernia
- Recuts sheath blocks
- Caudal blocks
- Saddle block analgesia
- IVRA (Intravenous Regional Analgesia)
- ICU management
- Cardio thoracic anaesthesia
- USGRA (Ultrasound Guided Regional Anaesthesia)"
- Ministry of Health: Specialist-A (Anaesthesia)- 11/98
- Indian Medical Council: 9791 (29/06/1982)