Dr. Ihab is a Consultant Endocrinologist with over 25 years of experience in the field of endocrinology, thyroid management and obesity management. He completed his Bachelor’s in Medicine and Surgery in 1992 from Egypt and Master’s Degree in Endocrinology from the Faculty of Medicine of Aims Shams University, Egypt in the year 2000. He received his Doctor of Medicine (MD, PHD) degree in Endocrinology from the Faculty of Medicine of Al-Azhar University in Egypt in the year 2007. In addition, he has completed an advanced training program from the Endocrinology Department of Bologna University Hospital in Italy in the year 2008. He further completed professorship degree in 2017 followed by Master’s degree of Obesity Medicine from South Wales UK 2022. He is also SCOPE certified in Obesity management from World Obesity Federation in 2020.
Dr. Ihab has practiced in several University Hospitals and Teaching Hospitals in Egypt as a professor. Since 2012, he has practiced in prominent hospitals in Saudi Arabia & the UAE.
- Treating type 2 & 1 diabetes
- Thyroid disorders & parathyroid disorders
- Short stature & puberty disorders
- Adrenal & pituitary disorders
- PCOS, hirsutism & gynecomastia
- Osteoporosis & obesity management
- Certificate in Diabetes Management from International Diabetes Federation
- Certificate of Pediatric Diabetes from Medvarsity Institute
- Dr. Ihab has several memberships & affiliations including American Diabetes Association & American Association of Clinical Endocrinology. He has various publications to his name, the latest being – “Entesar OA El Saghier, Salah E Shebl, Olfat A Fawzy,1 Ihab M Eltayeb, Lamya MA Bekhet, and Abdelnasser Gharib Androgen Deficiency and Erectile Dysfunction in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Clin Med Insights Endocrinol Diabetes. 2015; 8: 55–62.
- Dr. Ihab has been a speaker in several national & international conferences including Workshop in Lebanon Beirut about (Paediatric Diabetes), 4th International Conference on Diabetes & its treatment and in Obesity Clinic Academy November 2021.