Mr. Nazir is a Consultant Podiatric Surgeon with more than 20 years NHS experience. He was appointed as an NHS Consultant Podiatric Surgeon and departmental lead at Guys & St Thomas’ NHS trust and performs reconstructive and corrective foot and ankle surgery. He also leads departmental audit & research ensuring that the department is consistent in providing a modern and high-quality foot and ankle service. He is also the incumbent Dean of the Faculty of Podiatric Surgery in the United Kingdom in 2021.
He qualified in Podiatric Medicine at the London Foot Hospital, University College London Medical School in 2001. Subsequently gaining his Fellowship in Podiatric Foot Surgery after his surgical training in London & Surrey.
Mr Nazir also completed a Foot & Ankle Surgery Travelling Externship at the Harvard / Cambridge Healthcare Alliance, Massachusetts, USA & Saint Francis Hospital, Connecticut, USA in 2005.
Mr. Nazir provides private consultations for Foot & Ankle problems, including Lower Limb Musculoskeletal complaints at his state-of-the-art offices at 17 Harley Street, as well as a satellite clinic at The Cadogan Clinic in Chelsea.
He is the Clinical Director of The London Foot & Ankle Surgery with a vision to provide a modern approach to treating Foot & Ankle problems using the very latest diagnostic techniques and treatments, allowing consistent and successful outcomes and thus, quicker recovery and a return to your desired activity. He uses an open and honest evidence-based approach with all his patients within comfortable and relaxed surroundings, allowing you to make informed choices about your foot and ankle treatment options.
Mr. Nazir provides lectures and training to other Foot & Ankle Specialists and regularly presents in conferences and seminars.
- Sports Injuries
- Non-Surgical Podiatric Treatment – Developed specialist ultrasound guided injection techniques to aid accurate diagnosis and non-surgical treatment
- Minimally Invasive Bunion Surgery
- Hammer Toe Correction with Implants
- Forefoot Reconstruction
- Keyhole Flat Foot Reconstructive Surgery
- Tendon Repairs inc. Achilles Tendon Ruptures
- Ankle Arthroscopy (Keyhole Surgery)
- Ankle Stabilization for loose or unstable ankles prone to twisting injuries
Professional Memberships & Associations:
- Health Professional Council
- Faculty of Surgery, College of Podiatrists
- Royal Society of Medicine
- International Affiliate of American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons