Dr. Medhat Faris is a renowned Medical Oncologist who brings in more than 30 years of experience in the field of Oncology.
He completed his Medical Degree MBBCh in 1984, MSc Oncology in 1989 and MD Oncology in 1993. He then completed his oncology postgraduate training in The UK between 1991 and 1997 and obtained his degree from the Royal College of Radiologists (Faculty of Clinical Oncology) in London, UK in 1994.
Dr. Medhat has been a Professor in Medical Oncology since 2003.
He has vast experience in managing solid tumors for more than 30 years and has more the 60 national and international publications and acts as a reviewer in several journals.
Languages: Arabic, English
- Earlier detection and management of breast cancer
- GIT malignancies
- Lung malignancies
- Head and Neck Malignancies
- Male and Female genital malignancies
- Chairman of Oncology Department, The Royal Hospital, Muscat, Oman, 1998-2008
- Medical Director of Clinical Research PPD based in Cambridge, UK, 2008-2010
- Vice Dean, Post Graduate Research Cancer Institute, Egypt, 2010-2011
- Chairman of Adult Oncology Department, King Fahad Specialist Hospital, Dammam, KSA, 2012-2018
- Medical Advisor IBM, Watson Health, Watson for Oncology 2018-2020