Dr. Rani Umul Khair is a board-certified plastic & reconstructive surgeon with 13 years of experience in the field. She received post-graduate training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery from Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi, India, which has one of the oldest plastic surgery departments in the country. Following which she pursued fellowship in cleft lip and palate at G S Memorial Hospital, Varanasi under the Smile Train Programme. This centre operates among the largest number of cases of cleft lip and palate cases in the world. She then pursued her Fellowship in Microvascular Surgery, at Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai, India. She has done further training in Cosmetic Surgery under the guidance of Dr. Ivo Pitanguy at Ivo Pitanguy Clinic, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. Dr. Rani has learnt the finesse and art of aesthetic surgery from the masters in this field around the world and has incorporated the same in her practice. She has been working in UAE since 2016 initially in public sector before moving to private sector since 2019. She travels to India twice a year to offer free surgeries to the underprivilege patients under the SEARCH Camp in Gadchiroli, Maharashtra India. With keen attention to details and attitude for perfection (that comes naturally to her as she is a painter and a sculptor) she has excelled in aesthetic surgeries and procedures. Reconstructive background and vast amount of research work and publication has given her bonus score in overall patient safety.
1. Body Procedures:
- VASER Liposuction
- Waist sculpting
- High-Definition Liposuction (Six Pack Abdomen)
- Liposuction of abdomen
- Liposuction of flank
- Liposuction of back
- Liposuction of bra-roll
- Liposuction of arms
- Liposuction of thighs
- Liposuction of legs, knees and ankle
- Liposuction of double chin and lower face
- Post bariatric (Weight Loss) body contouring - Abdominoplasty, Belt Plasty, Thigh Lift, Brachioplasty, Mastopexy
2. Breast Surgeries:
- Breast augmentation - breast implants
- Breast reduction
- Gynecomastia correction - male breast correction
3. Fat Grafting:
- Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) - butt augmentation
- Breast augmentation - fat transfer
- Facial rejuvenation
- Labial fat grafting
4. Facial Surgeries:
- Lip augmentation
- Lip reduction
- Dimple creation
- Buccal fat pad removal
5. Female Genital Surgeries:
6. Non-Surgical Procedures:
- Botox - Forehead lines, frown lines, crows feet, bunny lines, Nefertiti, masseter hypertrophy
- Fillers - Lip, undereye (tear trough), cheeks, nasolabial fold, Marionette lines, jaw line, nose
- Thread lift - face lift, neck lift
- Laser - Scar improvement
- Keloids and scar correction - Laser and injectables
1. Agrawal K, Khair U R, Srivastava R K , Sharma S. Congenital Trilobe tongue associated with cleft palate: A rare anomaly. Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2013 Sep 25.
2. Tiwari V K; Sarabahi S; Mulla Rani U K, Heterotopic implantation of amputated digits following Constriction Ring Syndrome - A Case Series. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2013 Dec;66(12):1815-7
3. Kumta S, Kumta M, Jain L, Purohit S, Ummul R. A novel 3D template for mandible and maxilla reconstruction: Rapid prototyping using stereolithography. Indian J Plast Surg [serial online] 2015 [cited 2017 Jul 29];48:263-73.
4. Kumta Warrier S, Jain L, Ummul R, Menezes M, Purohit S, Medial femoral condyle vascularised corticoperiosteal graft- a suitable choice for scaphoid non-union. Indian J Plast Surg 2017;50:138-47.
5. Chapter 17: Principles and Practice of Microsurgery, Volume 2: Hand and Upper Extremity. Textbook of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. Samir Kumta, Leena Jain, Rani Umul Khair.
6. Chapter 50. Medicolegal issues in setting up a Plastic Surgery Day care surgery set up. Medicolegal issues in Dermatology and Plastic Surgery. Milan Doshi, Rani Umul Khair Mulla, 1st Edition. Year 2019. Dr Venkatratnam Mysore
1. Unusual Presentation of amniotic band syndrome and their management-APSICON 2012
2. Anatomical variations in the harvest of Anterolateral Thigh Flap Perforators – APSICON 2015
3. The Blood supply of the breast revisited – CME EPSS May 2019.
4. Body Contouring with liposuction – DLCSH Intensve Webinar 3, November 26, 2021.
5. Classification of Thigh Lipoadiposity and directing management strategies – EPSC 2021.
6. Non –surgical rejuvenation with LASERS. Skin Rejuvenation : Basics and Advances. The Arts of Aesthetics, Trainings by Cocoona (Online Course) 15th and16th January 2022.
1. Cleft Sternum with Partial Ectopia cordis : Successful Single Stage Surgical Treatment with Pectoralis Major Muscle Flap Cover over Silicon Sheet – APSICON 2012
2. Functional recovery in a case of Giant Pedal Macrodactyly- APSICON 2012
3. One stage reconstruction with a single paddle PMMC pedicle flap for large defect following resection of oral malignancy- APSICON 2012
1. Basic Course on Microsurgical Techniques at Ethicon Institute of Surgical Education, Indian Society for Reconstructive Surgery July 27 – 31 2015
2. AOCMF course- Principles in Cranio- maxillofacial Fracture Management – 04 Sept – 06 Sept 2015, Mumbai.
3. Ear Reconstruction Workshop 11 – 13 Sept 2015 TN Medical College, B.Y.L Nair Charitable Hospital and Bombay Hospital and Institute of Medical Sciences, Mumbai India. Course conducted by Dr Franciose Firmin.
4. Composite Facelifts Simplified through Modern Understanding of Deep Plane (spaces and ligaments) Anatomy - A Cadaver Workshop April 27, 2017, The Aesthetic Meeting, SanDiego Convention Centre, SanDiego, CA. USA
Member Of Associations of Plastic Surgery:
1. Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (APSI)
2. National Academy of Burns of India (NABI)
3. American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS)
4. International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)"