Ms. Karla is a Physiotherapist with over seven years of experience in her field. Before joining Dubai London Clinic & Speciality Hospital, Ms. Karla worked as Physiotherapist in Burjeel Hospital for Advanced Surgery in Dubai and also in Sports Clinics in Chile. During her internships she gained experience in the Paediatric Respiratory and Trauma and Neurological Units. Karla worked as a Teacher’s Assistant at the Universidad De Las Americas during her University years in Chile, where she provided assistance to the professor for Kinetics Evaluation.
She has professional experience with Outpatient and Inpatient Physiotherapy for Musculoskeletal Pathologies, including such cases as Joint Surgeries, Sport Orthopaedics and Spine Surgeries, Sport Injuries, Post-Surgery Rehabilitation, workshops for sedentary and athlete patients, group workshops with Fitballs and Aesthetic Treatments.
She plans and organise therapeutic exercise programs encompassing active and passive ranges of motion, muscle re-education, manual therapy and massage and apply heat/water/ice/electrical/light stimulation to the affected areas.
Karla provides education regarding the post-operative care that must be given to reintegrate to normal activities and achieve the full recovery. She advised patients in the safe and effective use of pulleys, weights, inclined surfaces and other equipment prescribed for their treatment. She has experience evaluating and confirming Medical Diagnoses, delivering Respiratory Therapy, Spirometer and Flow Meter Assessments. Most common conditions treated included Bronchitis, Pneumonia, Asthma, Convulsive Cough, Flu and Bronchial Obstructive Syndrome.
Her special interests and specialities include Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy, Sports Injuries, Patient Care, Neurological Conditions and Respiratory Physiotherapy.
- Mechanical Ventilation for COVID-19- Harvard Medical School
- Back pain: Finding Solutions for the aching back- Harvard Medical School
- Orthopaedic Manual Therapy Certificate - Prime Physio UK
- 5th International Congress for Joint Reconstruction Middle East - BLS training
- Osteopathic Application for Cervicobrachialgias, The Chilean school of osteopathy
- Professional degree of Physical therapist, Universidad de las Américas/Laureate International Universities
- Bsc (Hons) In Physiotherapy, Universidad de las Américas/Laureate International Universities
- Therapeutic applications with Fitballs (Basic, intermediate and advanced levels), Kineduca sponsored by the Chilean school of osteopathy, Fitball Therapist
- Advanced Therapeutic Applications of NeuroMuscular Taping and aesthetics and post-surgery applications, TNM Chile
- Basic applications of NeuroMuscular Taping, TNM Chile