Straighten Your Teeth With Invisalign®
Think about it… Your smile is among the very first things people notice about you. Undoubtedly, a dazzlingly-straight smile emits confidence and boosts the person`s self-esteem which reflects positively on his personal life and professional career. All over the world, so many teens and adults are not happy with the unsightly looks of their teeth and wish to have it straightened but, regretfully, just the thought of orthodontics as a solution for their dismay makes them shy off once they imagine the unsightly and bulky conventional metal braces.
Nevertheless, scientists have not been idle and their relentless efforts formulated into a revolutionary solution that allows people to straighten their teeth without the discomfort or embarrassment of metal wires and brackets in their mouth. If you’re looking for a really effective, yet discreet teeth-straightening solution, you should seriously consider Invisalign®.
Invisalign® technology utilizes clear plastic aligner trays to slowly move your teeth into their proper positions.
How Invisalign® is different?
Certainly you`re familiar with how traditional braces look like; the metal brackets, connected by thick wires, are not difficult to recognize, even at a glance and surely you`ve had quite a few glances yourself. However, what could be your answer if someone asks you whether you`ve ever had a glance of someone wearing Invisalign® braces? In reality, probably you did, but most likely you didn’t notice – and this is precisely one of the utmost advantages of this ground-breaking orthodontic treatment.
- Invisalign® is metal-free. Instead, these aligners are made of crystal clear, non-allergenic resin.
- It`s comfortable. Once the metal braces are applied, they always stay in place until an orthodontist removes them. With Invisalign®, the aligners can be briefly taken out whenever there`s an indication.
- No interference with eating. With Invisalign®, people can eat what they want, when they want. There`s no list of contraindications as the aligners can be easily removed during meals, for a nuisance-free eating.
- Dental hygiene is uninterrupted. With conventional metal brackets, cleaning around brackets and removing all food residues that may get trapped in the metal wires in braces can be that challenging. Sadly, many patients are not able to effectively brush and floss and this leaves them more vulnerable to teeth decay. With Invisalign®, people can clean their teeth easily and thoroughly after each meal, before the aligners are put back in place.
- It`s more safe. The mouth or gums may be scratched or punctured by protruding wire bits in case of metal braces. Invisalign® aligners are typically smooth and comfortable. It uses less pressure in straightening the teeth and reduces risk of damage in comparison to metal braces.
What dental issues Invisalign® can repair?
- Gaps in teeth: Presence of a gap between two or more teeth leads to a spacing issue. This space allows food particles to get caught between the teeth and gum which leaves your teeth vulnerable to decay and your gums prone to infection. Invisalign® can easily bring teeth together and close considerable gaps for a more healthy mouth and a more aesthetically-appealing smile.
- Crowding of teeth: This happens when the teeth grow too close to each other, overlap and twist. The reduced space between the teeth allows for food particles to become stuck and for plaque and tartar to build up as well as hinders proper teeth brushing and flossing. In addition to increasing the risk of gum disease and/or tooth decay, crowded teeth can become very crooked and wreak havoc on your bite and the appearance of your smile.
- Improper Bite: The misalignment of the teeth can lead to an unseemly bite. Common bite problems include an overbite, underbite, and crossbite. An improper bite may ultimately induce the falling of teeth, receding gum line, broken teeth, painful jaw joint, headaches and even neck pain.
The Benefits of Invisalign®
Though many people recognize the aesthetic and medical drawbacks that can come with an un-straightened smile, many still have been unconvinced to pursue orthodontic treatment due to the many drawbacks that come with conventional braces. After all, who wants uncomfortable and unsightly metal braces? Now, you don’t have to settle for metal braces when straightening your teeth. Invisalign can straighten your teeth in a matter of months. Here are just a few benefits you can expect when straightening your teeth with Invisalign®.
- Discreet straightening: Invisalign® utilizes a series of custom-made, clear plastic aligner trays to gently shift the teeth in the most comfortable and prudent way possible. Thanks to its unique features, no one will know that you’re undergoing orthodontic treatment … Unless you tell them!
- Boosting of confidence: Everyday smiling is a sign of self-confidence. Invisalign® can give you a straight and attractive smile that you aren’t reluctant to show. This can considerably improve how others perceive you. Each tray is tailored to fit over your teeth at the various stages of treatment, and its transparent nature makes them practically disappear into your confident smile.
- Healthier teeth and gum: If the teeth are widely spaced or crowded, this makes it difficult for you to clean your teeth or chew your food properly and thus it’s only a matter of time before you start noticing significant dental and periodontal (gum) problems. A perfectly-aligned and straight set of teeth is crucial for your good looks. Moreover, how your teeth and gums look when you smile articulate much about your general health!
Are you interested in Invisalign®? Do you keep on asking yourself if it`s really the ideal choice for you? It`s quite possible that you`ve already consulted a dentist and the answer was that Invisalign® can just straighten your front teeth, and that’s all that really matters, right? … Quite wrong! Because in the skilled hands of an orthodontics expert, Invisalign® is a lot more capable than that. It bolsters your self-confidence in front of others while having your teeth corrected in a subtle way that keeps you on top of your professional performance and enables you to tell the world around that you`re ready to face any challenge with a healthy-looking and sure smile on your face.
Dr. Gilda Behnam
Invisalign® Platinum II Provider