Dr Rajesh Devassy is one of UAE’s best known Gynaecologists for his exclusivity & expertise in advanced Endoscopic Surgery and Laparoscopic Pelvic Reconstructive and Oncological Surgery. He has performed more than 38,000 Laparoscopic Surgeries of which more than 35,000 are advanced gynecological Laparoscopic procedures with over a 17 years experience in practice and teaching in India, UAE and Germany. He is a visiting consultant in various hospitals in India and the UAE and a consultant nestled at the Dubai London Clinic & Speciality Hospital, Jumeirah. Dr Rajesh is an expert in performing painless Laparoscopic Ovarian cyst removal (ovarian cystectomy).
Dr. Rajesh has great expertise in Laparoscopic Fibroid Removal (Myomectomy), hysterectomies and bloodless laparoscopic surgeries. He has innovated many a new techniques, instrumentation and principles in advanced laparoscopic surgeries making the Laparoscopic Surgery viable and safe for complex gynaecological diseases, unproven so-far. A Pioneer in many kinds of exclusive surgeries in the world, Advanced Live Surgery Workshops in the UAE with original research studies and accreditations to his meritorious career.
Dr Devassy is the Course Director & Principal Faculty of Gem Advanced Minimal Access Surgery Training Centre, Clinic of Gynaecology, Obstetrics and Gynaecological Oncology, University Hospital for Gynaecology, Pius-Hospital and the School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Oldenburg, Germany. Course Details available at: www.drrajeshdevassy.com
This benchmarks him as a true expert in excellence in the field and therefore positioned at the cutting edge of expertise and innovation.
Dr Devassy is an active Member of the European Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy, Indian Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy, and The American Association of Gynaecological Laparoscopists.
Currently he is setting up the one and only DevKare Consultants, Advanced Minimal Access and Onco Surgery and Training Centre in the Middle East which will also have the attire of being the first European Center outside Europe.Laparoscopic surgeries has been proven safe in the hands of this pioneer of modern endoscopy and applicable to all fields that deal with organs inside the abdomen; which makes his foreword to enthusiasts and patients of endoscopic surgery, that currently minimal access is the world of surgery, with paramount patient safety proven with commitment and expertise. The following Minimal Access Surgeries are routine on a daily basis practice at Dubai London Clinic & Speciality Hospital Under Dr Rajesh Devassy:
- Laparoscopic Pelvic floor Repair (Prolapse Surgery, Genital Reconstruction)
- Laparoscopic Gynaecology Cancer Surgery
- Laparoscopic Subtotal hysterectomy (for pain and bleeding due to fibroids) preserving Womanhood.
- Laparoscopic total Hysterectomy ( Removal of uterus for pain and bleeding)
- Laparoscopic Abdominal emergency surgery, ectopic pregnancy
- Laparoscopic Pre Sacral Neurectomy Surgery for chronic backache
- Minimal invasive surgeries for preservation in:
- urinary incontinence
- previous open surgeries
- Laparoscopic Oncosurgery (surgery for cancer of uterus and ovaries)
- Laparoscopic Removal of very large tumours and growths in the uterus and ovaries, which is usually done by open surgery
- Laparoscopic Repair of Injuries to Genital and Abdominal Organs following previous Major Surgeries
- All Types of Hysteroscopy & falloposcopic Procedures
- SILS (Single incision Laparoscopic Surgery)
- Diploma Advanced Gynecological minimal-invasive surgery Training , Pius Hospital, Oldenburg , Germany
- Joseph’s Hospital, Chennai, India
- Advanced Ultrasonography Training: LTMG Medical College Hospital, Sion, Mumbai, India
- Single Incision Robotic assisted Gynecological Oncological minimal-access Surgery, National Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
- Minimal Invasive Gynaecological Surgeon, European Academy of Gynaecological Surgery , Belgium
- Ambassador to the European Academy of Gynaecological Surgery – GESEA, covering the WHO South-East Asia region “including Laos, Cambodia, Pakistan, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia and Brunei.”
- Active Member of ESGE
- Board member of the ESGE – SIG( special interest group) Robotics surgery
- Board member of the ESGE – SIG( special interest group) Oncology
- International Advisory Board member of The German- Indonesian society for minimal-access surgery (GISMAS)
- Affiliate Member of AAGL, IAGE, ASI, AMASI & FOGSI
- International Advisory Board Member ESGE 2017, Antalya