Dr. Sasa Janjanin is an ENT Specialist, double European Board-certified in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery and Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He graduated from Zagreb University School of Medicine in Croatia and further specialized in ENT, Head and Neck Surgery at Zagreb University Hospital Centre. He also completed advanced surgical training and obtained a Fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, prior to spending periods of time practicing in some of the best centres in both the USA and Germany.
He was awarded a prestigious Fullbright Fellowship and during this time he performed research into adult stem cells, tissue engineering and nanomaterials at the National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, USA, and his scientific results eventually resulted in him obtaining M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in Biomedical Sciences.
Dr. Janjanin has published more than 30 articles in international peer-reviewed medical journals, participated at numerous conferences with more than 100 presentations and received several international prestigious awards for his research and advancement of clinical science. Prior to coming to Dubai in 2011 he was a Faculty member at the European University of Medicine and was teaching ENT and facial plastic surgery to students and residents.
Dr. Janjanin extensively trained in complete surgical and medical treatment of patients with disorders and diseases of the head and neck. His major expertise is in:
- Sinus and breathing problems
- Thyroid gland disorders (thyroid nodules, thyroid enlargement)
- Snoring and other sleep-related disorders (like obstructive sleep apnea)
- Minimally-invasive cosmetic facial treatments (Botox, injectable fillers, PRP facial rejuvenation)
- Children’s ENT problems (ear and throat infections, breathing problems)
- Allergies (nose congestion, sneezing, runny nose, AC-related problems etc.)
- Occupation-related sinus problems (in flight personnel, divers etc.)
- Neck disease (enlarged lymph nodes, cysts, thyroid and parathyroid)
- Aesthetic rhinoplasty
- Aesthetic otoplasty (prominent ear surgery)
- Mole removal
- Skin cancer treatment
- Ear infections
- Thyroid and neck ultrasound
- Sleep testing
- Voicebox disorders (hoarseness, chronic cough, vocal cord nodules and polyps)
His additional passion is in sport-related ENT problems, as he was acting many years as a consultant for several professional and national sport teams and athletes, some of them Olympic medal and European championship winners. At the University, he was performing more than 500 surgical procedures per year.
In order to provide you a valuable resource in your journey to good health, Dr. Sasa Janjanin is publishing a blog and tweets daily. You can find out more at: drsasajanjanin.blogspot.com or follow Twitter @DrSasaJanjanin