A dental implant is a small screw-shaped titanium device that is placed into the jawbone to replace a missing tooth. Once the area has healed, an attachment is placed onto the implant to support a porcelain crown. The finished implant restoration should look, feel and perform just like a natural tooth. Implants can also be used to secure bridgework or removable dentures in situations where several teeth have been lost. Dental Implants in Dubai are designed for the person who has one or more missing teeth and wants a replacement that will look, feel and function as their natural teeth. At our clinic, you can find affordable dental implants in Dubai which will have you sporting a gorgeous smile.
Reasons for Dental Implants
- Replace one or more missing teeth without affecting adjacent teeth.
- Resolve joint pain or bite problems caused by teeth shifting into missing tooth space.
- Restore a patient’s confident smile.
- Restore chewing, speech, and digestion.
- Restore or enhance facial tissues.
- Support a bridge or denture, making them more secure and comfortable.
How Successful Are Dental Implants?
Depending upon the jaw and the way the implants are placed the procedure can have a very high success rate.
What does getting dental implants involve?
Before implants can be used, the condition of the mouth and jawbone needs to be assessed using x-rays, photographs and models of the teeth. In many cases, some preparatory dental treatment may be necessary to ensure that the mouth is completely healthy before implants are placed. Implant placement is a relatively simple minor surgical procedure that can be performed under local anaesthesia.
Dental implants are placed either at the same time as a tooth is removed or sometime after an extraction, depending on the condition of the bone at the time of extraction. Implants may be placed under the gum and may not be visible in the mouth until later.
A period of up to three months is normally required allow proper healing and integration with the jawbone before implants can be used. During this time, it is possible to have a temporary restoration to replace any missing teeth. The replacement teeth are custom-made in a specialist dental laboratory working closely the clinic. Once completed, implants require proper maintenance by thorough cleaning and regular checks at the clinic.
Advantages of using a single tooth dental implant over bridges
- A single tooth dental implant functions as well as looks like a real tooth, unlike in the case of a denture.
- It can easily replace one tooth without causing any harm to the health of the teeth neighbouring the tooth to be replaced.
- This procedure protects and preserves your bone as it replaces your tooth root by integrating with the jaw. Whereas when a bridge is used the bone that had been surrounding the tooth previously, begins to deteriorate.
- The long-term maintaining of a single tooth implant is easier and more feasible as compared to a bridge.
- A visible defect due to the receding of gums around a bridge becomes noticeable when the metal bridge or collar is exposed. The resorbed bone beneath the teeth can give a very unattractive smile and also, the cement underneath the bridge can wash away and lead to the decay of the tooth that is holding the bridge.
Types of Dental Implants
Just below the gum tissue, a metal frame is fixed on the jawbone. The metal frame gets permanently fixed to the jawbone as the gums get healed and its posts protrude through the gums. Then, in a similar way to the endosteal implants, dental prosthetics are fixed on the posts.
These implants are fixed on the jawbone directly using surgery. As soon as the surrounding gums heal, a second surgery is required in order to attach a prosthetic tooth to the posts of the implant which is protruding out of the gums. The secondary prosthetic can be attached singularly or in the form of a bridge of more than one teeth.
Will I be Suitable for Dental Implants?
Most people who have good general and oral health will be suitable for treatment with dental implants in Dubai. Adequate bone is needed in order to place implants and the gum tissue should be free of infection or gum disease. Please make an appointment with our periodontist, Dr. Sorin Cristea for a consultation.
Dental Implant FAQs
What will happen without treatment?
Your jawbone will begin to shrink from lack of stimulation. The loss of teeth will affect your smile and change the shape of your face, causing you to look prematurely aged.
Is implant placement painful?
No, dental implants are typically placed under local anesthesia. Most treatments can be completed in the clinician’s office.
How soon can I return to work after treatment?
You may return to work the next day unless otherwise instructed by your dentist. You will be prescribed medication to alleviate any minor discomfort you may have.
How long does it take to place dental implants?
They can be placed in as little as 30 to 60 minutes depending on the location and the number of implants placed.
How do I care for my implants?
Homw care for your implants consists of brushing and flossing. Regular dental visits are required for long-term health and success.
The whole process of getting my dental implants placed was successfully completed by the expert dentist at Dubai London Clinic. I am truly satisfied with the end result. – Nikita
Dr. Sorin was extremely helpful with making me understand all the details of dental implants. The procedure was painless, and I am glad I chose Dubai London Clinic. – Chatterjee