Dr. Bina is a Specialist Dermatologist with more than 20 years of clinical experience in the field of Dermatology and Venereology. She has had the opportunity to work at various private healthcare centres in India, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and the UAE.
She graduated in 1993 at the Baroda Medical College, M.S. University, India and gained her Master’s Degree in Dermatology and Venereology (M.D.) in 1997 M.S. University, Baroda, India.
She completed her distance learning course on Dermatoscopy in 2014 from prestigious Cardiff University, UK. Dermatoscopy is an important tool for Skin Cancer screening. She also has obtained her Board Certification from American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine.
Dr. Bina specialises in treating patients with various types of skin ailments, such as Acne, Pigmentation Disorders, Skin Tags, Dermatitis, Eczema, Fungal, Viral & Bacteria Infections, Hair Loss (Alopecia), Disease of the Nails, Herpes, Hives (Urticaria), Pre-Cancerous Skin Lesions (Actinic Keratoses), Basal Cell Carcinoma, Psoriasis, Rosacea and Warts, Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
She believes establishing a proper diagnosis is the mainstay in management of any Dermatological disease. It does not only require experience, but the vision & understanding of an issue from a patient’s perspective to handle Dermatological concerns.
Dr. Bina is also interested in Cryotherapy, Radiofrequency Surgery and Cauterization for various indications, Cyst Removal, Mole Excision, screening for Melanoma (Mole check) and other skin Cancers like Basal Cell Carcinoma, Squamous Cell Carcinoma (Dermatoscopy), PRP, Mesotherapy, Derma Roller, Chemical Peels, Botox & Ear Lobe Piercings.
- Diagnosis and management of skin, nail and hair diseases which includes but not limited to various bacterial, fungal and viral skin infections, eczema, various allergic conditions such as allergic contact dermatitis, urticaria, psoriasis, autoimmune diseases, warts, alopecia, hair loss, acne, rosacea, pigmentary diseases, and paediatric dermatological conditions.
- Skin cancer screening by Dermatoscopy examination and biopsy of lesions when indicated (Mole check, diagnosis of BCC, SCC, precancerous conditions). Educating patients on how to do self-examination for their moles, and educating them of ABCDE criteria, guide to check their moles.
- Mole removal.
- Diagnosis, screening and treatment of Sexually Transmitted Infections. Treatment of Genital warts with different treatment modalities.
- Treatment and removal of various benign skin lesions such as skin tags, warts, molluscum, milia, sebaceous cysts, lipoma, and plantar warts.
- Incision and drainage of some skin abscesses.
- Botulinum toxin injections for dynamic wrinkles on face, for excessive sweating in underarms and palms.
- PRP (Platelet-rich-plasma) injection for skin rejuvenation, in some cases of hair fall and acne scars in combination with other treatments.
- Other aesthetic procedures such as Microneedling (collagen induction treatment), Mesotherapy, Chemical peeling, Hyaluronic acid injections, Bio-remodelling injection (Profhilo), and Skin booster injections.
- Ear and nose piercing.
- MD- (Dermatology and Venerology), M. S. University, Baroda, India.
- Introduction to Dermatoscopy – Cardiff University, U.K.
- Board certificate- American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine
- Life member of IADVL (Indian Association of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology)
- Life member of CSI (Cosmetic Society of India)
- Life member of IDS (International Society of Dermatoscopy)
- Member of EDS (Emirates Dermatology Society)
- Member of ACSI (Association of Cutaneous Surgeon of India)