Dr. Helge Schmitz is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, with over 23 years of experience. He completed his orthopaedic training from the University of Wuerzburg and the University of Duesseldorf in Germany. Over his decade’s worth of training, Dr. Helge specialised knee and shoulder surgery, including joint replacements, revisions, and arthroscopic surgery.
Throughout his career, Dr. Helge also started his own practice in Germany, dedicated to arthroscopic knee surgery and reconstructive arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder.
Apart from his extensive career in orthopaedic surgery, he is also passionate about diagnostics and conservative orthopaedic treatment such as injections to the joints and spine and manual therapy. Dr. Helge is also an active participant of orthopaedic workshops and lectures around the world.
- Arthroscopic Surgery of the Shoulders and Knees
- Manual Orthopaedic Medicine/Chirotherapy
- Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Injection Therapy of the Musculoskeletal System
- Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Wuerzburg, Prof. Dr. med. Jochen Eulert
- Department of General and Trauma Surgery, University of Duesseldorf, Prof. Dr. med. Hans-Dietrich Roeher
- Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Duesseldorf, Prof. Dr. med. Ruediger Krauspe
- Praxisklinik Zaehringen Freiburg, Germany (Practice for Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery)
- Athletikum Group Freiburg, Germany (Practice for Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery)
- Krankenhaus Salem Heidelberg, Germany (Head of Arthroscopic Surgery)
- Ethianum Clinic Heidelberg, Germany (presence until December 2019)
- Associated partnership with Dr. med. Michael Lehmann and Prof. Dr. med. Felix Zeifang
- Orthozentrum Freiburg (Practice for Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery)
- Head of Shoulder Surgery, Fontana Clinic in Freiburg, Germany