The best Summer Skincare Tips for 2022
By Specialist Dermatologist, Dr. Khushbu Goel
Summer is here, so now is a good time to focus on your skin care regime. We are certainly not suggesting you get rid of all your skincare products and buy new ones, but there is an opportunity to fine tune your regime to address the skincare concerns that become more relevant as the temperature soars.
1. SPF ALL DAY: Wearing SPF is especially important on hot summer days. You can combine it with the moisturizer or foundation, but a standalone SPF is also very well recommended. Apply it 20 minutes before you step out for sightseeing.
2. SWITCH TO LIGHTWEIGHT TEXTURES: Products that feel rich and nourishing in the winter can become suffocating in the summer, so switching to a lighter texture is a good idea.
3. USING ANTIOXIDANTS: It is a good time to focus on using oral or topical antioxidant-rich formulas that will protect you from harmful UV rays, pollution damage, and other harmful UV rays that might give you fine lines, wrinkles, freckles, or photodamaged skin. You can start using vitamin C, the superhero of the antioxidant world.
4. AVOID HEAVY MAKEUP: For the summer, opt for lighter, more radiant makeup. Your skin will feel more fresh and bring back the glow on your skin on sunny days. In the summer, you may not require a thick, heavy foundation.
5. DRINK A LOT OF WATER: Drinking plenty of water on hot sunny days will keep the shine on your face and prevent your skin from looking dull or aged.
6. TAKE CARE OF YOUR FEET: Don’t neglect your feet while on vacation; they deserve special attention. It’s important to exfoliate and moisturise your feet daily.
7. FACE MIST TO KEEP YOUR SKIN HYDRATED: Carry a facial mist with you whenever you go sightseeing to keep your skin hydrated. This will help refresh and hydrate your skin on the move.
8. LIPGLOSS INSTEAD OF LIPSTICK: Long-lasting lipsticks can dry out and crack your lips. Lip balms are a good alternative and can be more handy while travelling.
9. PACK YOUR BEAUTY BAG: Make a list of the beauty products you will need before leaving on vacation.
If you have any questions about how to curate your own skincare routine, please call 800 352 to book an appointment with Specialist Dermatologist, Dr. Khushbu Goel.