Dr. Rajesh is a Specialist Obstetrician & Gynaecologist and an Advanced Gynaecological Laparoscopic Surgeon with over 22 years of experience in his field, across India, the UAE, and Germany. He is one of the UAE’s best known Gynaecologists for his exclusivity and expertise in Advanced Minimal-access Surgery and Laparoscopic Pelvic Reconstructive and Oncological Surgery. He has performed more than 38,000 Laparoscopic Surgeries and holds a key position in his field of expertise. For over 10 years, Dubai London with Dr Rajesh Devassy has been a referral centre for complicated gynaecological diseases for minimal-access surgery. Our expertise spans from simple office surgical procedures performed without anaesthesia to the most complicated surgeries, where minimal-access surgery can only be applied with a high level of expertise. These include failed previous surgeries, redo-surgeries, recurrent or advanced stages of gynaecological diseases, and severe degree sexual/genital reconstructive surgeries.
• Director of Dr. Rajesh Devassy’s Centre of Excellence in Gynaecological Minimal Access Surgery and Oncology.
• Head of the Department of Obstetrics, Gynaecology, minimal-access surgery, and Oncology, Dubai London Clinic & Specialty Hospital, Dubai London Hospital Group, Dubai.
• International Course Director, Pius Hospital , University Hospital for Gynaecology, Carl von Ossietzky-University-Medicine, Oldenburg, Germany.
• Chief Mentor for the ESGE-GESEA accredited gynaecological minimal-access surgery centres in Oldenburg, Germany, and Dubai.
• Ambassador to the European Academy of Gynaecological Surgery – GESEA Programme, covering the WHO South-East Asia region “including Laos, Cambodia, Pakistan, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Brunei.”
• Overseas Advisory Board Member European Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy (ESGE).
• Vice-President Emirates Minimal Invasive Surgery (MIS) Club, Emirates Medical Association.
• Board Member of the Special Interest Group for Robotics Surgery, Oncology, Urogynaecology, Adhesions & Non-invasive Therapy of Benign Uterine wall diseases.
Member of ESGE, IAGE, AMASI & FOGSI and Peer Reviewer of International minimal-access surgery and Onco-Surgery Journals. Dr Devassy strives to educate and promote Minimal-access surgery to every enthusiastic young fraternity. Dr. Devassy is proud and honoured to have been welcomed to the UAE by the Rulers and the community to establish the GESEA Training Centre in the Middle East, with the honour of being one of the only two European Accredited Centre in the Middle East.
Laparoscopic surgeries have been proven safe in the hands of this pioneer of modern endoscopy and are applicable to all fields that deal with organs inside the abdomen, which makes his foreword to enthusiasts and patients of endoscopic surgery, that currently minimal access is the world of surgery, with paramount patient safety proven with commitment and expertise. The following Minimal Access Surgeries are routinely performed on a daily basis at the Dubai London Clinic and Speciality Hospital by Dr. Rajesh Devassy.
Dr. Devassy’s team are GESEA certified or Specialised German Diploma trained ensuring high quality of surgical care for every patient under their care. We perform minimally invasive procedures whenever possible to minimise pain and surgical risk while optimising the outcome of the procedure.
To list a few of the wide spectrum of Dr. Devassy’s expertise in major gynaecological and oncological surgeries are:
Natural orifice and Hysteroscopic surgeries:
• Hysteroscopy to Remove Polyps and Fibroids
• Hysteroscopy to correct congenital defects of the uterus
• Hysteroscopy to remove adhesions from previous surgeries and especially curettage
• Hysteroscopic treatment of caesarean scar niche defect
• Hysteroscopy for improving fertility outcome
• Vaginal Hysterectomy V- NOTES (Vaginal – Natural orifice Telescopic Surgery)
• Vaginal prolapse surgery
• Vaginal plastic reconstructive procedures
• Conservative treatment of cancer of the cervix
Laparoscopic and minimal-access surgeries:
• Laparoscopic creation of neo-vagina
• SILS- Single incision Laparoscopic Surgery
• Laparoscopic Myomectomy (removal of fibroids)
o *We use morcellation only within a containment system since 2014 and when it is safe to do.
o Other methods of extraction by minimal-access are employed otherwise.
• Laparoscopic Hysterectomy (removal of uterus)
• Laparoscopic endometriosis and adenomyosis surgery
• Laparoscopic adhesiolysis surgery
o We promote adhesion prophylaxis in every surgery possible for patient safety
• Laparoscopic Prolapse surgery
• Laparoscopic surgery for urinary incontinence
• Laparoscopic mesh-free (meshless) pelvic organ prolapse surgery
• Laparoscopic Surgery for gynaecological cancers
• Laparoscopic Removal of Fallopian tubal disease, Ovarian Cyst and ectopic pregnancy.
• Laparoscopic Ovarian rejuvenation – Stem cell transfer
• Laparoscopic treatment of Niche-isthmocele of Caesarean scar
• Minimal-invasive Uterus-preserving surgery in benign and malignant diseases
• Fertility-enhancing minimal-invasive surgery
• NOTES – Natural orifice Telescopic Surgery
• Robotic assisted Laparoscopic Surgery
- MBBS 1998, University of Mysore , India
- M.S . OBG 2003,Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Karnataka, India
- Die Doktorarbeit (Phd)-University Medicine - Oldenburg, Germany
- Diploma Advanced Gynaecological minimal-invasive surgery Training , Pius Hospital, Oldenburg , Germany
- Advanced Ultrasonography Training: LTMG Medical College Hospital, Sion, Mumbai, India
- Single Incision Robotic assisted Gynaecological Oncological minimal-access Surgery, National Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
- Minimal Invasive Gynaecological Surgeon, European Academy of Gynaecological Surgery , Belgium
- Diploma in Minimal access surgery, ESGE (European Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy) Leuven, Belgium
- Has published several original research and invited review articles to reputed journals concerning advanced Gynaecological minimal invasive surgery : www.researchgate.net
- Peer reviewer for International Journals of Gynaecological Endoscopy and Oncology
- Editorial Board of The Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of India (FOGSI-JOGI)
- Surgical expertise
- Surgeon of Excellence Award from Republic of Kenya
- Has performed over 38,000 Gynaecological minimal-access surgical procedures.
- Largest series of contained -in bag Morcellations in the world.
- Extensive experience in adhesion Prophylaxis techniques.
- First 3D Laparoscopic Hysterectomy in the UAE in 2012 with the Karl Storz 3D Prototype.
- First Laparoscopic Spy Fluorescence sentinel Lymphadenectomy in Gynaecological oncological minimal-access surgery in the UAE
- First Laparoscopic Spy Fluorescence Unit in the UAE
- Largest series of Laparoscopic Neo Vagina constructions in the Country (55)
- Largest Series of Laparoscopic Prolapse Surgery mesh repair – 1891+
- World’s Largest Laparoscopic Hysterectomy of 5.2 Kgs 2008
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy of 3.4 Kgs 2015 (Press articles: https://gulfnews.com/uae/google-search-ends-in-a-dubai-miracle-1.1618345)
- Performed the First NOTES Laparoscopic Ovarian Drilling & Appendectomy in India
- Has Innovated various techniques in Fertility restorative Surgeries and Pelvic floor repair
- Performed and the inventor of Trans Cannalicular stenting in Laparoscopic tubal Recanalisation
- Vaginal apical Cuff Reconstruction in Laparoscopic repair of Vault Prolapse
- Parietex Mesh for Prolpase therapy